Hello, I’m Bart Lantz, I’m a programmer/geek living in Denvercityville, Colorado. I live here with my accordionist husband and our two cats. I ride bike everywhere. Colorado is great for that: you can commute by bike 11 months out of the year! I enjoy creating free open source software. I run Ubuntu Linux on my personal computers. My editors of choice are Emacs and Vim, yes, both! I love reading and occasionally writing: I’ve completed National Novel Writing Month twice now.
This website is part blog, part grimoire of various computer incantations.
Here are some top 10 lists and, more importantly, a few cat pics.
my favorite board games
Bigwig considering his next move in Gaia Project
- Hansa Teutonica
- Brass: Birmingham
- Gaia Project
- Pax Renaissance
- Heaven & Ale
- Clans of Caledonia
my favorite novels
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- Ubik by PK Dick
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson
- Our Lady of the Flowers by Jean Genet
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Watership Down
- the Hydrogen Sonata by Iain M. Banks
- At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O’Neill
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- The City & the City by China Miéville (must stop…)
And now: moar cat!!
Detective Chief Inspector Seamus McGraw
- 7 Samurai
- the 7th Seal
- the 3rd Man
- wizard of Oz
- Waking Life
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Blade Runner
Favorite Programming Languages
and one last love...